Europe's premier surgical journal
Click here to access the latest issue of BJS. Includes FREE access to the Leading Article entitled 'Surgical treatment for portal hypertension" by M. A. Mercado. Additionally, available as OPEN ACCESS is an Original Article entitled 'Effect of LSKL peptide on thrombospondin 1-mediated transforming growth factor ß signal activation and liver regeneration after hepatectomy in an experimental model' by H. Kuroki, H. Hayashi, S. Nakagawa et al.
Click here to read abstracts from the annual meetings of SARS, ASGBI, SEIQ, the Swiss Society of Surgery and others.
Featuring updated taxonomy to make it more intuitive and searchable, this database of randomized clinical trials in surgery allows you to browse by subject or search by date, making Scientific Surgery your first stop for surgical RCTs.
Click here to access the Table of Contents.
To access articles published as Early View in advance of inclusion in an issue, please click here.
- Remember we now publish Spanish translations of all abstracts; they can be found in the translation section at the end of each issue. Recuerde que la traducción al español de todos los resúmenes la encontrará en la sección correspondiente al final de cada número.
- If you subscribe to BJS you can access content on the BJS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch (instructions for syncing are available here).
- Surgical treatment for portal hypertension. M. A. Mercado
- RCT of adjuvant chemotherapy with S-1 versus gemcitabine after pancreatic cancer resection. M. Shimoda. K. Kubota, T. Shimizu and M. Katoh
- Anatomical versus non-anatomical resection for hepatocellular carcinoma. S. Marubashi, K. Gotoh, H. Akita, H. Takahashi, Y. Ito, M. Yano, O. Ishikawa and M. Sakon
- Plasma thrombospondin 1 as a predictor of postoperative liver dysfunction. P. Starlinger, S. Haegele, D. Wanek, S. Zikeli, D. Schauer, L. Alidzanovic et al.
J. Brittenden, B. Campbell and D. Carradice
S. M. Pilgrim, S. Loibl and T. Sørlie
This column will be specially populated with content you might find relevant based on your areas of interest.
Background Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) is thought to develop as a result of inflammatory processes in the aortic wall. In particular, mast cells are believed to play a central role. The AORTA trial was undertaken to investigate whether the mast cell inhibitor, pemirolast, could retard the growth of medium‐sized AAAs. In preclinical and clinical trials, pemirolast has been shown to inhibit antigen‐induced...
This book provides a practical guide on how to investigate and manage common breast problems for all members of the breast disease team, whether surgeons, nurses, pathologists or support workers. Its focus is on providing easy access to the most up-to-date evidence, allowing healthcare workers to make the best decisions possible and encouraging a team approach to patient support. 26 chapters cover the whole of the patient journey from assessment through to surgery and adjuvant treatments, giving...