Europe's premier surgical journal
Click here to access this special issue covering areas such as vascular interventions in the elderly, molecular and biological hallmarks of ageing, kidney and liver transplantation in the elderly, and a systematic review on postoperative delirium in elderly patients.
Click here to watch Lord Ara Darzi discuss the contents of our Special Issue on Surgical Innovation, which includes articles on innovation in income-poor environments, robotic surgery, the rise of big clinical databases, and development of resorbable nanocomposite tracheal and bronchial scaffolds for paediatric applications. Read the issue FREE here.
Please click on this link for more information
Click here to read abstracts from the annual meetings of SARS, ASGBI, SEIQ, the Swiss Society of Surgery and others.
If you wish to apply for this year's Editor Assistant Bursary please submit your application by 3rd May 2016. For full details of what the position involves and how to submit your application please click here.
Click here to access the Table of Contents.
To access articles published as Early View in advance of inclusion in an issue, please click here.
- Remember we now publish Spanish translations of all abstracts; they can be found in the translation section at the end of each issue. Recuerde que la traducción al español de todos los resúmenes la encontrará en la sección correspondiente al final de cada número.
- Download the BJS app to access journal content. Simply search for 'BJS' in the App Store. Available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Instructions for setting up access to content are available here.
- Meta-analysis of negative-pressure wound therapy for closed surgical incisions (open access)
- Parathyroid gland angiography with indocyanine green fluorescence to predict parathyroid function after thyroid surgery (open access)
- Meta-analysis of antibiotics for simple hand injuries requiring surgery
- Practical guide to the Idea, Development and Exploration stages of the IDEAL Framework and Recommendations
B.P.L. Wijnhoven, R.A. Audisio and E.H.J. Hulzebos
T. Richards, R. M. Pearse and R. J. Hinchliffe
J. M. van Rij, J. S. Lindholt and J. J. Earnshaw
This column will be specially populated with content you might find relevant based on your areas of interest.
Mastery of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery, 4e, offers extensive coverage of minimally invasive procedures in every area of surgery. This edition provides clear, concise, step-by-step details on all procedures, along with Advances in notes procedures and valuable author commentary. Readers can hone their surgical skills through coverage of endoscopic approaches to diseases and disorders of each major organ system, stay on top of the latest advances with 11 all-new chapters and updated and revised...
Background The value of conventional prognostic factors is unclear in the era of multimodal treatment for oesophageal cancer. This study aimed to quantify the impact of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy (nCRT) and surgery on well established prognostic factors, and to develop and validate a prognostic model. Methods Patients treated with nCRT plus surgery were...