This section of the website allows you to comment on, discuss, and debate any of the articles published in BJS.
Below you’ll find articles with recent Your Views; these are collated by issue with the most recently published articles appearing at the top, so make sure you scroll through to see whether colleagues are discussing older articles as well.
Reading Your Views is open to all but you must be registered on the site to submit your own Your Views.
If you have previously registered on the BJS site, simply login now using the Login link at the top of the page.
To register please click on the Register link at the top of the page - it's quick, easy and free to do!
To submit Your View of a published article please follow these instructions:
1. Locate the article from Journal Content on the homepage
2. Click on the title of the article
3. Click on the Your Views tab and complete the submission form
Please note that Your Views are limited to 250 words.
If you wish to comment on a Snapshot in Surgery, please email your letter direct to Kirsty McFarlane at the BJS office.
Volume 100 Issue 13 (December 2013)
- Author: S.‐M. Weldon, T. Korkiakangas, J. Bezemer, R. Kneebone
Volume 100 Issue 12 (November 2013)
- Author: A. L. Young, R. Adair, A. Culverwell, J. A. Guthrie, I. D. Botterill, G. J. Toogood, J. P. A. Lodge, K. R. Prasad
- Author: H. Bismuth
Randomized clinical trial of pancreaticogastrostomy
versus pancreaticojejunostomy on the rate and severity of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy
- Author: J. Figueras, L. Sabater, P. Planellas, E. Muñoz‐Forner, S. Lopez‐Ben, L. Falgueras, C. Sala‐Palau, M. Albiol, J. Ortega‐Serrano, E. Castro‐Gutierrez
Systematic review of perioperative selective decontamination of the digestive tract in elective gastrointestinal surgery
- Author: D. Roos, L. M. Dijksman, J. G. Tijssen, D. J. Gouma, M. F. Gerhards, H. M. Oudemans‐van Straaten
Volume 100 Issue 11 (October 2013)
Hierarchical multilevel analysis of increased caseload volume and postoperative outcome after elective colorectal surgery
- Author: E. M. Burns, A. Bottle, A. M. Almoudaris, R. Mamidanna, P. Aylin, A. Darzi, R. J. Nicholls, O. D. Faiz
Lack of association between inguinal hernia and abdominal aortic aneurysm in a population‐based male cohort
- Author: N. A. Henriksen, L. T. Sorensen, L. N. Jorgensen, J. S. Lindholt
- Author: A. L. Farquharson, A. C. Cresswell, J. D. Beard, P. Chan
Sarcopenia as a predictor of prognosis in patients following hepatectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma
- Author: N. Harimoto, K. Shirabe, Y.‐I. Yamashita, T. Ikegami, T. Yoshizumi, Y. Soejima, T. Ikeda, Y. Maehara, A. Nishie, T. Yamanaka
Volume 100 Issue 10 (September 2013)
- Author: P. T. W. Kim, A. C. Wei, E. G. Atenafu, D. Cavallucci, S. P. Cleary, C.‐A. Moulton, P. D. Greig, S. Gallinger, S. Serra, I. D. McGilvray
- Author: D. A. Sidloff, P. W. Stather, E. Choke, M. J. Bown, R. D. Sayers
- Author: N. R. A. Symons, K. Moorthy, A. M. Almoudaris, A. Bottle, P. Aylin, C. A. Vincent, O. D. Faiz
Systematic review, meta‐analysis and meta‐regression of the effect of tranexamic acid on surgical blood loss
- Author: K. Ker, D. Prieto‐Merino, I. Roberts
Volume 100 Issue 9 (August 2013)
- Author: S. Waage, J. C. Poole, E. B. Thorgersen
Volume 100 Issue 8 (July 2013)
- Author: D. L. Buck, M. Vester‐Andersen, M. H. Møller,