This section of the website allows you to comment on, discuss, and debate any of the articles published in BJS.
Below you’ll find articles with recent Your Views; these are collated by issue with the most recently published articles appearing at the top, so make sure you scroll through to see whether colleagues are discussing older articles as well.
Reading Your Views is open to all but you must be registered on the site to submit your own Your Views.
If you have previously registered on the BJS site, simply login now using the Login link at the top of the page.
To register please click on the Register link at the top of the page - it's quick, easy and free to do!
To submit Your View of a published article please follow these instructions:
1. Locate the article from Journal Content on the homepage
2. Click on the title of the article
3. Click on the Your Views tab and complete the submission form
Please note that Your Views are limited to 250 words.
If you wish to comment on a Snapshot in Surgery, please email your letter direct to Kirsty McFarlane at the BJS office.
Volume 101 Issue 4 (March 2014)
- Author: O. Edafe, R. Antakia, N. Laskar, L. Uttley, S. P. Balasubramanian
Volume 101 Issue 3 (February 2014)
- Author: I. S. Fentiman
A nomogram to calculate the Physiological and Operative Severity Score for the
enUmeration of Mortality and morbidity ( POSSUM )
- Author: D. J. Williams, J. D. Walker
Volume 101 Issue 2 (January 2014)
Diagnostic value of abdominal drainage in individual risk assessment of pancreatic fistula following pancreaticoduodenectomy
- Author: C. Ansorge, J. Z. Nordin, L. Lundell, L. Strömmer, E. Rangelova, J. Blomberg, M. del Chiaro, R. Segersvärd
Systematic review and meta‐analysis of percutaneous subclavian vein puncture
versus surgical venous cutdown for the insertion of a totally implantable venous access device
- Author: L. A. Orci, R. P. H. Meier, P. Morel, W. Staszewicz, C. Toso
Volume 101 Issue 1 (January 2014)
- Author: T. Goh, L. G. Goh, C. H. Ang, C. H. Wong
Accuracy of MRI compared with ultrasound imaging and selective use of CT to discriminate simple from perforated appendicitis
- Author: M. M. N. Leeuwenburgh, M. J. Wiezer, B. M. Wiarda, W. H. Bouma, S. S. K. S. Phoa, H. B. A. C. Stockmann, S. Jensch, P. M. M. Bossuyt, M. A. Boermeester, J. Stoker,
Volume 100 Issue 13 (December 2013)
- Author: S.‐M. Weldon, T. Korkiakangas, J. Bezemer, R. Kneebone
- Author: S. Yamada, T. Fujii, M. Kanda, H. Sugimoto, S. Nomoto, S. Takeda, A. Nakao, Y. Kodera
Volume 100 Issue 12 (November 2013)
- Author: A. L. Young, R. Adair, A. Culverwell, J. A. Guthrie, I. D. Botterill, G. J. Toogood, J. P. A. Lodge, K. R. Prasad
Assessment of abdominoperineal resection rate as a surrogate marker of hospital quality in rectal cancer surgery
- Author: M. L. Jorgensen, J. M. Young, T. A. Dobbins, M. J. Solomon
- Author: H. Bismuth
- Author: S. P. Pickering, E. R. Robertson, D. Griffin, M. Hadi, L. J. Morgan, K. C. Catchpole, S. New, G. Collins, P. McCulloch
- Author: E. Aytac, L. Stocchi, Y. Ozdemir, R. P. Kiran
Systematic review of perioperative selective decontamination of the digestive tract in elective gastrointestinal surgery
- Author: D. Roos, L. M. Dijksman, J. G. Tijssen, D. J. Gouma, M. F. Gerhards, H. M. Oudemans‐van Straaten
Randomized clinical trial of pancreaticogastrostomy
versus pancreaticojejunostomy on the rate and severity of pancreatic fistula after pancreaticoduodenectomy
- Author: J. Figueras, L. Sabater, P. Planellas, E. Muñoz‐Forner, S. Lopez‐Ben, L. Falgueras, C. Sala‐Palau, M. Albiol, J. Ortega‐Serrano, E. Castro‐Gutierrez
Volume 100 Issue 11 (October 2013)
- Author: A. L. Farquharson, A. C. Cresswell, J. D. Beard, P. Chan
Lack of association between inguinal hernia and abdominal aortic aneurysm in a population‐based male cohort
- Author: N. A. Henriksen, L. T. Sorensen, L. N. Jorgensen, J. S. Lindholt
Hierarchical multilevel analysis of increased caseload volume and postoperative outcome after elective colorectal surgery
- Author: E. M. Burns, A. Bottle, A. M. Almoudaris, R. Mamidanna, P. Aylin, A. Darzi, R. J. Nicholls, O. D. Faiz
Sarcopenia as a predictor of prognosis in patients following hepatectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma
- Author: N. Harimoto, K. Shirabe, Y.‐I. Yamashita, T. Ikegami, T. Yoshizumi, Y. Soejima, T. Ikeda, Y. Maehara, A. Nishie, T. Yamanaka