This section of the website allows you to comment on, discuss, and debate any of the articles published in BJS.
Below you’ll find articles with recent Your Views; these are collated by issue with the most recently published articles appearing at the top, so make sure you scroll through to see whether colleagues are discussing older articles as well.
Reading Your Views is open to all but you must be registered on the site to submit your own Your Views.
If you have previously registered on the BJS site, simply login now using the Login link at the top of the page.
To register please click on the Register link at the top of the page - it's quick, easy and free to do!
To submit Your View of a published article please follow these instructions:
1. Locate the article from Journal Content on the homepage
2. Click on the title of the article
3. Click on the Your Views tab and complete the submission form
Please note that Your Views are limited to 250 words.
If you wish to comment on a Snapshot in Surgery, please email your letter direct to Kirsty McFarlane at the BJS office.
Volume 102 Issue 1 (January 2015)
Systematic review and meta‐analysis comparing three techniques for pancreatic remnant closure following distal pancreatectomy
- Author: H. Zhang, F. Zhu, M. Shen, R. Tian, C. J. Shi, X. Wang, J. X. Jiang, J. Hu, M. Wang, R. Y. Qin
- Author: S. Huddart, C. J. Peden, M. Swart, B. McCormick, M. Dickinson, M. A. Mohammed, N. Quiney,
Volume 101 Issue 12 (November 2014)
CLASS trial" href="http://www.bjs.co.uk/details/yourviews/6805891/Costeffectiveness-of-ultrasoundguided-foam-sclerotherapy-endovenous-laser-ablati.html">Cost‐effectiveness of ultrasound‐guided foam sclerotherapy, endovenous laser ablation or surgery as treatment for primary varicose veins from the randomized
- Author: E. Tassie, G. Scotland, J. Brittenden, S. C. Cotton, A. Elders, M. K. Campbell, B. Campbell, M. Gough, J. M. Burr, C. R. Ramsay,
- Author: Å. Collin, B. Jung, E. Nilsson, L. Påhlman, J. Folkesson
- Author: F. Radé, F. Bretagnol, M. Auguste, C. Di Guisto, N. Huten, L. de Calan
Effect of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on postoperative morbidity and mortality in patients with locally advanced gastric cancer
- Author: H. S. Ahn, S.‐H. Jeong, Y. G. Son, H.‐J. Lee, S.‐A. Im, Y.‐J. Bang, H.‐H. Kim, H.‐K. Yang
Volume 101 Issue 11 (October 2014)
Randomized clinical trial comparing self‐gripping mesh with suture fixation of lightweight polypropylene mesh in open inguinal hernia repair
- Author: D. L. Sanders, S. Nienhuijs, P. Ziprin, M. Miserez, M. Gingell‐Littlejohn, S. Smeds
- Author: N. A. de Glas, J. M. Jonker, E. Bastiaannet, A. J. M. de Craen, C. J. H. van de Velde, S. Siesling, G.‐J. Liefers, J. E. A. Portielje, M. E. Hamaker
Volume 101 Issue 10 (September 2014)
Serial transverse enteroplasty to facilitate enteral autonomy in selected children with short bowel syndrome
- Author: T. Wester, H. Borg, H. Naji, P. Stenström, G. Westbacke, H. E. Lilja
Cardiovascular risk in patients with small and medium abdominal aortic aneurysms, and no history of cardiovascular disease
- Author: S. Sohrabi, S. Wheatcroft, J. H. Barth, M. A. Bailey, A. Johnson, K. Bridge, K. Griffin, P. D. Baxter, D. J. A. Scott
Volume 101 Issue 9 (August 2014)
Tourniquet modification of the associating liver partition and portal ligation for staged hepatectomy procedure
- Author: R. Robles, P. Parrilla, A. López‐Conesa, R. Brusadin, J. de la Peña, M. Fuster, J. A. García‐López, E. Hernández
Meta‐analysis of randomized trials comparing combined compression and anticoagulation with either modality alone for prevention of venous thromboembolism after surgery
- Author: P. Zareba, C. Wu, J. Agzarian, D. Rodriguez, C. Kearon
Volume 101 Issue 8 (July 2014)
- Author: D. L. Buck, M. H. Møller,