This section of the website allows you to comment on, discuss, and debate any of the articles published in BJS.
Below you’ll find articles with recent Your Views; these are collated by issue with the most recently published articles appearing at the top, so make sure you scroll through to see whether colleagues are discussing older articles as well.
Reading Your Views is open to all but you must be registered on the site to submit your own Your Views.
If you have previously registered on the BJS site, simply login now using the Login link at the top of the page.
To register please click on the Register link at the top of the page - it's quick, easy and free to do!
To submit Your View of a published article please follow these instructions:
1. Locate the article from Journal Content on the homepage
2. Click on the title of the article
3. Click on the Your Views tab and complete the submission form
Please note that Your Views are limited to 250 words.
If you wish to comment on a Snapshot in Surgery, please email your letter direct to Kirsty McFarlane at the BJS office.
Volume 103 Issue 5 (April 2016)
Propensity score‐matched outcomes analysis of the liver‐first approach for synchronous colorectal liver metastases
- Author: F. K. S. Welsh, K. Chandrakumaran, T. G. John, A. B. Cresswell, M. Rees
Volume 103 Issue 4 (March 2016)
Influence of complications following immediate breast reconstruction on breast cancer recurrence rates
- Author: S. M. Beecher, D. P. O'Leary, R. McLaughlin, K. J. Sweeney, M. J. Kerin
Volume 103 Issue 3 (February 2016)
Outcomes for patients with papillary thyroid cancer who do not undergo prophylactic central neck dissection
- Author: I. J. Nixon, L. Y. Wang, I. Ganly, S. G. Patel, L. G. Morris, J. C. Migliacci, R. M. Tuttle, J. P. Shah, A. R. Shaha
Volume 103 Issue 1 (January 2016)
- Author: N. R. Bhatt, M. Morris, A. O'Neil, A. Gillis, P. F. Ridgway
versus crystalloids in critically ill, trauma and surgical patients" href="http://www.bjs.co.uk/details/yourviews/8684911/Metaanalysis-of-colloids-versus-crystalloids-in-critically-ill-trauma-and-surgic.html">Meta‐analysis of colloids
versus crystalloids in critically ill, trauma and surgical patients
- Author: S. H. Qureshi, S. I. Rizvi, N. N. Patel, G. J. Murphy
- Author: C. C. Jensen, R. D. Madoff
- Author: S. Pasquali, M. Boal, E. A. Griffiths, D. Alderson, R. S. Vohra,
Volume 102 Issue 13 (December 2015)
Systematic review and network meta‐analysis comparing clinical outcomes and effectiveness of surgical treatments for haemorrhoids
- Author: C. Simillis, S. N. Thoukididou, A. A. P. Slesser, S. Rasheed, E. Tan, P. P. Tekkis
- Author: J. Lerut, A. Foss