This section of the website allows you to comment on, discuss, and debate any of the articles published in BJS.
Below you’ll find articles with recent Your Views; these are collated by issue with the most recently published articles appearing at the top, so make sure you scroll through to see whether colleagues are discussing older articles as well.
Reading Your Views is open to all but you must be registered on the site to submit your own Your Views.
If you have previously registered on the BJS site, simply login now using the Login link at the top of the page.
To register please click on the Register link at the top of the page - it's quick, easy and free to do!
To submit Your View of a published article please follow these instructions:
1. Locate the article from Journal Content on the homepage
2. Click on the title of the article
3. Click on the Your Views tab and complete the submission form
Please note that Your Views are limited to 250 words.
If you wish to comment on a Snapshot in Surgery, please email your letter direct to Kirsty McFarlane at the BJS office.
Volume 102 Issue 7 (June 2015)
- Author: P. Kambakamba, K. Slankamenac, C. Tschuor, P. Kron, A. Wirsching, K. Maurer, H. Petrowsky, P. A. Clavien, M. Lesurtel
LSKL peptide on thrombospondin 1‐mediated transforming growth factor β signal activation and liver regeneration after hepatectomy in an experimental model" href="http://www.bjs.co.uk/details/yourviews/7928361/Effect-of-LSKL-peptide-on-thrombospondin-1mediated-transforming-growth-factor--s.html">Effect of
LSKL peptide on thrombospondin 1‐mediated transforming growth factor β signal activation and liver regeneration after hepatectomy in an experimental model
- Author: H. Kuroki, H. Hayashi, S. Nakagawa, K. Sakamoto, T. Higashi, H. Nitta, D. Hashimoto, A. Chikamoto, T. Beppu, H. Baba
- Author: J. Liang, V. Fazio, I. Lavery, F. Remzi, T. Hull, S. Strong, J. Church
Volume 102 Issue 6 (May 2015)
Meta‐analysis of the predictive value of C‐reactive protein for infectious complications in abdominal surgery
- Author: M. Adamina, T. Steffen, I. Tarantino, U. Beutner, B. M. Schmied, R. Warschkow
Volume 102 Issue 5 (April 2015)
versus scalpel for skin incisions" href="http://www.bjs.co.uk/details/yourviews/7600971/Randomized-doubleblind-trial-comparing-the-cosmetic-outcome-of-cutting-diathermy.html">Randomized double‐blind trial comparing the cosmetic outcome of cutting diathermy
versus scalpel for skin incisions
- Author: L. N. F. Aird, S. G. Bristol, P. T. Phang, M. J. Raval, C. J. Brown
Volume 102 Issue 4 (March 2015)
versus non‐operative treatment for colorectal liver metastases" href="http://www.bjs.co.uk/details/yourviews/7499011/Costutility-analysis-of-operative-versus-nonoperative-treatment-for-colorectal-l.html">Cost–utility analysis of operative
versus non‐operative treatment for colorectal liver metastases
- Author: K. J. Roberts, A. J. Sutton, K. R. Prasad, G. J. Toogood, J. P. A. Lodge
in situ preservation of parathyroid glands during total thyroidectomy" href="http://www.bjs.co.uk/details/yourviews/7499051/Importance-of-in-situ-preservation-of-parathyroid-glands-during-total-thyroidect.html">Importance of
in situ preservation of parathyroid glands during total thyroidectomy
- Author: L. Lorente‐Poch, J. J. Sancho, S. Ruiz, A. Sitges‐Serra
Volume 102 Issue 3 (February 2015)
Outcome after liver resection in patients presenting with simultaneous hepatopulmonary colorectal metastases
- Author: R. V. Dave, S. Pathak, A. D. White, E. Hidalgo, K. R. Prasad, J. P. A. Lodge, R. Milton, G. J. Toogood
Randomized clinical trial of the effect of gum chewing on postoperative ileus and inflammation in colorectal surgery
- Author: T. C. van den Heijkant, L. M. M. Costes, D. G. C. van der Lee, B. Aerts, M. Osinga‐de Jong, H. R. M. Rutten, K. W. E. Hulsewé, W. J. de Jonge, W. A. Buurman, M. D. P. Luyer
versus deep injection of radioactive tracer and blue dye for lymphatic mapping and detection of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer" href="http://www.bjs.co.uk/details/yourviews/7415491/Metaanalysis-of-superficial-versus-deep-injection-of-radioactive-tracer-and-blue.html">Meta‐analysis of superficial
versus deep injection of radioactive tracer and blue dye for lymphatic mapping and detection of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer
- Author: M. Ahmed, A. D. Purushotham, K. Horgan, J. M. Klaase, M. Douek